Dear friends and partners of the Breteau Foundation,
I wanted to send you a message of affection and solidarity in these trying times. We hope you are all safe and exercising self-care in the face of the COVID-19 crisis.
At the Breteau Foundation, we are working behind the scenes to temporarily redesign the global programme ensuring maximum safety for our community and best support for our teachers and students during this uncertain period.
- Communicating with schools to secure tablets safely
- Online training to teachers (where possible)
- Developing remote ways to support children’s learning in our project schools including the provision and distribution of resources
- Exploring conversations with our partners and how we can continue to deliver the best programmes possible
- Our staff continue to work remotely, keeping in line with the guidance from the WHO
We are trying our best to stay on top of the current situation while also ensuring our focus remains on the schools, students and communities we serve.
As the situation evolves, we will continue to update you and will share learning resources as they become available. You can also stay up-to-date on our latest response to COVID-19 through our website or on our social media channels.
If you have specific questions related to the programmes, we encourage you to get in-touch with us.
Whilst we are experiencing this major global crisis, we hope we can work with all of you to build resilience in our communities. At such a time, we need to look to each other for support and strength and in light of this, please note that we have included the key advice from leading health organisations:
- Wash hands regularly and avoid touching your face
- Keep social distance as much as you can including from the elderly and other vulnerable people as they are more susceptible to the virus
Thank you for working with us and we wish you all a safe period ahead.